University of California
Department of Classics
7233 Dwinelle Hall #2520
Berkeley CA 94720-2520, USA
Department Chair (2014-): Professor Ellen Oliensis, eolien [at] berkeley.edu, 7211 Dwinelle Hall, 510-642-9207.
For Prospective and Current Undergraduates
Advising questions may be addressed to one of the Faculty Undergraduate Advisers. The advisers are:
- fall 2017: Prof. Sara Magrin magrin_s [at] berkeley.edu & Prof. Trevor Murphy tmmurphy [at] berkeley.edu
- spring 2018: Prof. Kathleen McCarthy kmccarth [at] berkeley.edu & Prof. Nikolaos Papazarkadas papazarkadas [at] berkeley.edu
Please see the faculty office hours page for faculty adviser's office hours.
Staff Undergraduate Adviser
- Cassandra Dunn, cassandrajj [at] berkeley.edu, 7228 Dwinelle Hall, 510-642-3672.
For Prospective and Current Graduate Students
The graduate programs are the responsibility of the Head Graduate Advisor and the Department Chair. There is also a separate Graduate Advisor for Classical Archaeology, although the Head Graduate Advisor's signature may be required on some petitions and forms. Please consult one of the following as appropriate:
- Head Graduate Adviser: Professor Leslie Kurke, kurke [at] berkeley.edu, 4331 Dwinelle Hall, 510-642-2054.
- Graduate Adviser for Classical Archaeology: Professor Ted Peña, pena [at] berkeley.edu, 7308 Dwinelle Hall, 510-643-8964.
- Department Chair: Professor Ellen Oliensis, eolien [at] berkeley.edu, 7211 Dwinelle Hall, 510-642-9207.
- Staff Graduate Adviser: Cassandra Dunn, cassandrajj [at] berkeley.edu, 7228 Dwinelle Hall, 510-642-3672.